Choice conducted a seminar to create awareness around disability sports, specifically the benefits of sports and fitness for health and wellbeing of disabled people. The event was hosted by ITC Chola Chennai.
Speakers and participants included representatives from the Tamil Nadu state government, Armed Forces, corporates, disabled sports players and the voluntary sector, including :
- Thiru Md. Nasimuddin, IAS, Principal Secretary to Government, Youth Welfare and Sports Development Department
- Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi – Director of Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Ms Jayshree Raveendran – Founder, Ability Foundation
- Dr. Sumanth Raman – Head of Healthcare Innovation, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd
- Mr Joby Mathew – International Sportsman